Monday, June 10, 2013

I am starting another blog because I want to. I seem to have too much to say. Also, I need to do something to overcome my addiction to FB. So here I am.

One thing I have been wanting to blog about forever is salad dressing. People? Listen to me. Stop buying salad dressing. I am very serious. Salad dressing- the kind you buy in a bottle at the supermarket- is a very bad joke. Let me tell you what you are going to do instead of pouring that disgusting mess of artificial crap on your luscious greens. Get yourself some olive oil. It can be any olive oil. Heck, it doesn't really have to be olive oil, although I do adore olive oil. I like extra virgin but I don't think the brand matters. I usually buy Walmart brand. Pour some olive oil on your salad. You heard me- pour some on. Who cares how much- guess! If it is too much, big whoop, your salad will be slightly oily. If it is not enough, you can add more. Then get something acidic like red wine vinegar, balsamic vinegar, or lemon juice. Yes, I said lemon juice. Choose one of those. Or any kind of vinegar that sounds good. Pour some of that on. Yes, just pour some on! Now, and this is the secret ingredient-----salt. Shake on some salt from your salt shaker. It will be more than you think you need. But do be careful with the salt because, as you probably know, too much salt is a no no. Taste it and add more if you need to. I like to add ground pepper, too, but I don't because my daughter really hates it. But pepper is good, assuming you like it.  That is it. That is your salad dressing for the rest of your life. Cheap, easy, and 1000 times more delicious than the crap in a bottle. Really. It is just one  of these little secrets of life I have been aching to share with you...



   

No comments:

Post a Comment